cheap sunglasses don’t get very special treatment in my bags.
for my fake Ray-Bans (H&M, €1) a simple cloth pouch has to do it & protect them from a bunch of useless stuff that I carry on my poor bursitis-ridden shoulder all the time, waiting, full of hope, for that actual situation, where some band-aids, rubber bands, pens, various disinfectants, a torch or a letter opener finally prove to be absolutely essential to save the world…
back to the glasses: they didn’t want to stay inside their designated protective cover. that’s why i quickly attached a snap fastener with a needle & thread.
since I had to kill some time, this old boring pouch turned into a little hipster embroidery project:
- take a pencil & trace or draw the shape you want on anything you’d like to pep up
- use some contrasting thread & double it up
- backstitch along the line
- make smaller stitches in curvy areas
- avoid pricking your finger…